Thursday, September 9, 2010

Take it easy :)

The biggest challenge that I have had to deal with since moving to SCSU was having roommates. I am lucky enough to have my best friend as one of my roommates, but that didn’t make adjusting to having to share a room with people, any easier. I don’t want to sound spoiled but I have been very fortunate to always have my own room. I have always seen my room as my peaceful zone. I have my radio, TV and computer in there, so when I feel a little overwhelmed I like to come home and shut my bedroom door and have some time to myself in my peaceful zone.
Although my roommates are relatively quiet and respectful, my dorm room cannot be compared to my peaceful zone. I am also a very controlling person and I like things my way, and my way only. Therefore, two weeks ago I would easily get bothered by the TV being too loud, the girls talking while I was studying, how messy their side of the room would get, or random people coming into my room and sitting on my bed since I have the bottom bunk.
The reason why it was so hard for me to adjust was because everyone loves routine and when their routine gets mixed up, it makes a person feel a sense of discomfort. But after carefully communicating with the girls and getting to know each other, we have found a good medium of how to make everyone in the room happy. Tomorrow being two full weeks since living in SCSU, I can safely say that I am finally getting the hang of things. I do not get as bothered by the small things and I am trying to stop being so controlling and going with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment