Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Are You a Deep Thinker?

                 To be quite honest, reading online articles is something that I find extremely hard to do, due to the fact that I have a short attention span. Unless I find something to be extremely interesting, it is extremely difficult for me to try to analyze the articles and ask myself questions about it. Of the three articles that I was assigned I did find an interest in one of them, “How to Become a Deep Thinking at College”.
            Right away that article caught my attention. I attempted to read the previous article that I was assigned but found it impossible to be a deep thinker because the article bore me. Needing some immediate advice, I quickly began to read the next article. As I began reading I realized that this article sounded a lot like Professor Jennifer.
            Jennifer has explained to my class that college students are on their own and anyone can go through college as long as they learn to manage their time correctly. She also says that college students are expected to be thinkers, something that the article cannot stress enough about. Every college professor has a syllabus, and it is our job to manage our time correctly to be able to do those days of homework. Professors also assign work to be done online, since your professor is not there to answer questions, you have to use your college thinking skills and try to ask questions and analyze the homework to the best of your ability.  College thinkers also ask a lot of questions, if there is something you do not understand or something that bores you, you can write down questions about parts of the homework, or article that confuse you and ask them the next day.
This article was interesting to me because it reminded me that all of the advice that my professors have given me is very useful and close to the advice that this article gives me. I guess I never really paid any attention to them because just figured they were over reacting and trying to scare the freshman, but after only one week as a college student I can easily agree that all of my professors including, were right. 

1 comment:

  1. Maybe try printing the articles out to make them easier for you to focus on?

    ReplyDelete