Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Just wanted to share

Although this is not a blog that we were assigned to do, I decided to post one of my personal blogs on here to share with you guys.


Independence
[in-di-pen-duhns]
-noun
1.  freedom from the control, influence, support, aid, or the like, of others.

                Have you ever felt so mentally injured or betrayed that you cannot help but temporarily become a bitter person? I think it’s safe to say that almost everyone has. As human beings it is only normal to build a strong defense mechanism against deception. Although it is not a glorious feeling to know that I unmistakably fall into that category, I'm glad I did.
                Since birth we are programmed to form and maintain emotional relationships and it is only normal to gradually become attached and dependent towards people. So what happens when the person you fell "deep in love with", breaks your heart? What is the right way to react? What is the right thing to do? With so many deranged emotions you cannot help but react with rage, denial and disbelief.
                Your main priority begins to revolve around making them feel half as much pain as you are feeling. You want nothing more than for them to regret what they did. You want them to see what they are losing and for them to realize that they are never getting it back. Let’s be honest, that is extremely immature.
                I am simply writing this as a thank you.
                Sometimes people get so caught up in their relationships that they begin to lose sight of themselves. Day by day their independence starts to slip away. People forget that the most important thing to do is to love yourself more than anyone else because
you are the only person who can make your dreams come true and  college is the perfect place to begin.
                Although this situation has torn me apart, I am finally seeing sight of myself again.I am starting to see the "old Alyne" as people like to put it. This past week I have had an internal struggle on fighting with myself of what I want, and what is right. I have never had to struggle so much with myself to make the right choice for me. I have come to the conclusions that I should be with someone who respects me as much as I respect myself, and if I can't find that person, than I am much better off alone. This is all a part of life, and a great learning experience. You need to be positive about things and not live with a constant grudge.
                So what happens when the person you fell "deep in love with", breaks your heart? You learn from it, you accept it and you move on. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment