Saturday, November 27, 2010

Are you feeling intellectually stimulated?


                I would say that the class that I feel most intellectually stimulated would have to be my psychology class. I took psychology in high school and I found it to be really interesting so I was excited to take it in college as well. My college professor Dr. Leonard, has made psychology not only a lesson that he teaches, but also the world you live around. Since he is a doctor, he meets with his patients everyday and then comes to class and gives us real life examples of how the human mind works.
                I love learning about all of the scientists that discovered human feelings such as motivation, and self consciousness. When he teaches us and explains to us how the brain can make us think and feel a certain way, it really gets me thinking about myself, my friends and everyone else around me. It helps me understand why people act the way they do, or why people don’t act the way they should. Trying to analyze the human mind is one of the most interesting things I have ever tried to do. It really makes you think and wonder how that is happening.
                After being in Dr. Leonard’s class, we now know what part of the brain is being stimulated and what kind of medicine a person would have to take in order to even that out. I like feeling intellectually stimulated, it makes me feel like I am accomplishing something when I can use knowledge I learned in class, and apply it to the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment