Saturday, October 2, 2010

WE THE KINGS!

I attended the We the Kings concert on September 17th. My friends and I went to the club fair and saw that they were selling tickets for only five dollars, and if you bought them there we could also get a free We the Kings tee shirt. We got a big group of us to agree to all buy tickets and the day before the concert we all walked to the Lyman Center to pick them up
. We weren’t surprised to see that the show was not as full as we expected it to be. The show fell on a Friday night, and if you’re anyone who lives on campus, you would know that everyone goes home for the weekend and we are left with a ghost town as a campus. I think that if we had more shows or fun events on weekends, it would encourage more students to stay for the weekend and hangout with their friends. Maybe they should have a survey of who we would want to see, or what events we would be more interested in. I try to stay on campus as much as possible due to the fact that I am paying a great amount of money to live on campus. Might as well make it worthwhile.
Maybe as a class we can come up with a list of things we enjoy, and see if we can bring it to the club who hosts and organizes events for us. Sometimes I feel as if they host events that none of us like and think it’s a little corny. Leave me comments with your ideas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment