Saturday, October 9, 2010

 
Coming in to SCSU as a freshman, I had my mind set on getting my BSN; bachelor science in nursing. After carefully picking my first semester classes based all on my nursing requirements, I am starting to have a change of heart.
One of the required classes for nursing psychology. After almost half a semester has passed, I have found psychology to be my favorite class. I am starting to think that I want to change my major into eventually getting my masters in psychology, but since I never really looked into it, I am not too sure what kinds of classes I have to take and how hard it is.
I chose nursing because I love the feeling of knowing that you are helping someone. I like the feeling that because of you, that person is now in better health. I love to do volunteer work and have recently applied to be in Best Buddies.
Now this is where I begin to feel confused, I feel as if psychologists do the same thing. No they do not help people with medicine, but they mentally help people. Which I feel as if it is still a pleasure to know that you are making a difference in someone’s life.
It’s hard to feel so confused about something that will eventually determine my whole entire future.
I have recently written a blog very similar to this before and Jennifer gave me advice and said we would meet individually and talk about this, so already I am more relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment